Best of the West on 66 Fest
Sponsored in part by KRMC & Grand Canyon Resort Corp
The 2016 Festival will once again take place on Andy Devine Days PRCA Rodeo weekend: Friday & Saturday, September 23 & 24.
Things will kick off on Friday with entertainment and activities Downtown. Saturday starts off with the Andy Devine Days Parade. Immediately following the Parade, the Best of the West Car Show will begin filling in along the same route. This year vendors will be near all of the action for the entire event.
Event Area: Beale Street between Third and Fifth Streets with vendors on Fourth Street between Andy Devine Ave and Oak street.
Event Dates: September 23 & 24, 2016 (Friday & Saturday)
Download the Sponsorship Information Packet here! *updated 6/20/16
Tentative Friday Schedule: 3pm to 11pm
- 3pm to 6pm: Beale Celebrations Travel Expo
- 4pm to 8pm: Unisource Energy Vendor Row lit up at night, offering arts, crafts, & food
- 6pm to 10pm: Kingsmen 100 Club Beer Garden & Street Concert with free public seating featuring Briana Payne, Shari Rowe.
- 6pm to finish: Tractor Supply Co Tractor Pull Competition with $100, 5 person team registrations, limited to first 8 men’s and 8 coed teams*. Free spectator area.
- 6pm to 10pm: Kingman Chevrolet Buick Mechanical Bull Rides, at least 18 years old, split pot competition and free rides*
- 6pm to 10pm: Hualapai Mountain Resort Rock Wall with rock climbing up a 24 foot vertical wall, free for all ages*
- 6pm to 10pm: Hualapai River Runners Monster Water Slide, wear something you don’t mind getting wet in for the 24 foot monster water slide, free for all ages*
- 6pm to 10pm: Kingman Visitor Center Toddler Playground & Obstacle Course located in the cool shady grass at the Little Red Schoolhouse
Tentative Saturday Schedule: 8am to 6pm
- 8pm to 6pm: Unisource Energy Vendor Row offering arts, crafts, & food
- 9am to 6pm: Beale Celebrations Travel Expo
- 10pm to 12pm: Andy Devine Days Parade starting at Beale & First St, heading East on Beale to Fifth Street, then turning North to Oak Street and heading west back to Lee Williams High School.
- 1pm to 6PM: Anderson Ford & Lincoln Best of the West Car Show with $20 entries
- 12pm to 6pm: Kingman Chevrolet Buick Mechanical Bull Rides, at least 18 years old, split pot competition and free rides*
- 12pm to 6pm: Hualapai Mountain Resort Rock Wall with rock climbing up a 24 foot vertical wall, free for all ages*
- 12pm to 6pm: Hualapai River Runners Monster Water Slide, wear something you don’t mind getting wet in for the 24 foot monster water slide, free for all ages*
- 12pm to 6pm: Kingman Visitor Center Toddler Playground & Obstacle Course located i the cool shady grass at the Little Red Schoolhouse
*Must sign a waiver and obtain a free wristband to participate in some activities, wristbands available at the Festival Headquarters at Beale Celebrations. Keep checking back for updates!
The Best of the West Car Show will take place on Beale Street from 1pm to 6pm on Saturday, Sept 24, 2016. All cars will enter the show from 5th Street at Andy Devine Ave. Drivers will be directed to the show entry under the Route 66 Drive-Through Shield on 5th Street near Beale Street.
The Best of the West Car Show is sponsored by Anderson Ford of Kingman.
Any thing on wheels can be entered!
Hot rod* Rat Rod* Street Rod* Vintage
Street Truck*Classic Truck*4x4 Truck
Mussel Car* Pro-Street* Drag Car
Corvette* Mustang* Camaro* Charger
Military* OTR Tractors* Special Interest
Motorcycle* Quad* Side x Side* ATC
Boat* Trailers* Vintage Tractors* VW
If you would also like to enter the Andy Devine Days Parade, which precedes the car show, click here for the downloadable application.
For the first time in the 45 year history of the Andy Devine Days Parade, vendor space will be near the parade route!
Vendors will be lined up and down Fourth Street, at the heart of the parade and Best of the West Car Show. With 5,000+ spectators, it will be a fun-packed event!
Vendor spaces are $20 for 10 feet by 10 feet and $35 for 10 feet by 20 feet. After August 5, the rate increases to $25 and $40. To be included in the event information, request forms must also be submitted no later than August 5, 2016.
Click here for the Downloadable Vendor Request Form (early-bird pricing ends August 5, 2016).
The State of Arizona requires a Transaction Privilege Tax Application short form for special event vendors who do not have a regular AZ TPT license. It's only $12, but it must be completed prior to acceptance as a vendor at the Best of the West Festival. Here's a link to the form.
Food vendors are subject to State of Arizona and Mohave County Health codes requirements. You will need a permit to operate issued by Mohave County Health Department. If you don't have one, you can apply for a Temporary Food Service Application with the County Health Department. For more information contact the Kingman office at 928.757.0901, or visit their website.
Link to the Mohave County Food Booth Guidelines
Link to the Mohave County Temporary Food Service Permit.
For more information, email Nick Bowers (Vendor Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General event information:
Josh Noble (Festival Chairman),
Nick Bowers (Vendor Coordinator),
Guy Reynolds (car Show Coordinator)
Tractor Pull sponsored by:
The Best of the West in conjunction with Tractor Supply Co. will be hosting the First Annual Tractor Pull on Friday, September 23, 2016 beginning at 6:00 p.m. in downtown Kingman on Beale street between 4th & 5th Street. The event is seeking 5 competitors per team with a maximum of 12 teams. The event is open for two divisions in Men and Co-Ed with a team fee of $100 and every team participant will be given a team shirt upon arrival. Winners will receive 50% of registration intake. Registration deadline is September 9th. For more information, please contact Yvonne at 928-692-3111 or Nick at 928-716-8052.
From the 2015 Best of the West on Route 66 Festival!